Why is this project necessary?
European adult learners with health-related conditions face risks of social exclusion and barriers to employability.
There is an international consensus that they need special support to develop their skills, knowledge and competences to overcome these obstacles.
IINDUCATE (2019-2022) is an Erasmus+ project that aims to address this challenge by delivering an Integrated Assessment Framework to evaluate adult education providers’ effectiveness for adult learners facing situations of exclusion related to their health conditions.
INDUCATE will provide adult education staff with greater understanding of the needs of individuals with health-related conditions and help them deliver more efficient education programmes.
How do we plan to do it?
Adult education providers will engage in a self-assessment process to evaluate the impact of their training, will be able to develop quality improvement plans and will share their practices with their peers. An enlarged European network of adult education providers and other interested bodies will be set up.
INDUCATE brings together 5 organisations from different European countries acting in the field of adult learning provision, educational research & policy development (learn more about the participating organisations)
- Identify and disseminate the factors that affect Adult Education (AE) effectiveness on learners with health problems
- Provide an integrated framework for AE providers to evaluate the impact of their offerings on learners with health problems
- Share recommendations to enable AE providers to successfully address the needs of persons with health-related issues
- AE providers, higher education institutions, and a range of public & private providers.
- Associations of AE and Life Long Learning (LLL) at EU and national level.
- European and national institutes of education, social policy and educational quality.
- lndividuals with health related conditions, relevant associations and NGOs.
- Bodies providing professional and educational counselling to vulnerable groups, including persons with health issues.
- Policy makers in education & training.